Are the following statements true or false? Correct the false ones.
1. The Master of the ship has to give a proper familiarization training to every new crewmember to provide personal safety and well-being of the ship.
2. The new crewmembers must know not only the location of lifejackets and immersion suits but also how to wear the lifejacket.
3. Deck cadets don’t usually check tank soundings, this is the Second Officer’s job.
4. A cadet has to clean and maintain the whole vessel.
5. The Third Mate is responsible for LSA and FFA maintenance, but he relays all his duties on the cadet simply because he doesn’t want to work much.
6. Bosun works on deck.
7. The only people who take part in berthing and unberthing operations are ratings.
8. A cadet’s role during pilotage varies with the time he has spent on board.
9. During ISPS watch a cadet is usually stationed on the bridge.
10. Though a cadet doesn’t have a valid Certification of Competency, he is allowed to keep a bridge watch independently.
Which statement about immersion suits is true?