Q: Which is not true of the Intertropical Convergence Zone?
1. It features heavy precipitation
2. It’s where the trade winds collide
3. It’s a high-pressure zone with sinking air
4. It is also known as the doldrums
3. “It’s a high-pressure zone with sinking air”
The Inter-tropical convergence zone rather has rising air, with common thunderstorms and attendant precipitation and is known by seamen as the doldrums. Inter-tropical convergence zone is where the trade winds collide. Hence, it is not a high pressure zone with sinking air.