Squarespace alternatives, Today we give you some of the Top and Best alternatives to squarespace
Squarespace was Founded in 2003 by Anthony Casalena in his dorm room at the University of Maryland, Squarespace has grown a lot and is now very popular! The company today employs a thousand talented young people and has helped launch millions of websites.
YOu might be Interested in Squarespace Review 2021, Is it really worth it?
This integrated platform offers “all-in-one” subscription plans, which include:
- assisted website creation
- domain name.
Squarespace is the tool allowing you to create complex layouts of your content, without having to touch any line of code, in particular thanks to the use of ready-to-use templates, and to the editing that is done often using drag and drop and the result is visible in real-time. With a few exceptions, a page builder is in the form of an extension, Divi for example is also available as a theme for WordPress. All meet different criteria:
- No need for technical or coding knowledge to use it.
- Use of drag and drop to move elements within pages.
- Ability to edit content directly from the front-end (what your visitors see) of your site, all in real-time.
Over time, some tools have become more complex, in order to offer even more options to their users.
For advanced use, coming out of pre-designed models, you will have to learn to master the tool of your choice and spend time climbing the learning curve and sometimes resorting to a specialist in the tool in question.
What are the advantages of using Squarespace?
- Design: Squarespace has an excellent team of designers, who are constantly developing new templates. They are clean, modern, and very aesthetic.
- Content Management and SEO: When their builder is used correctly, Squarespace offers a good integration of your content into your site.
- Interface: Squarespace has a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) interface. When you move your photos and change your texts, you have a real-time view of your changes on your site.
- Email, hosting, and domain name: Squarespace makes it super easy to create a mailbox and purchase a domain name. They are integrated into the offer.
- Price: Squarespace is accessible to all budgets! The service-price ratio is very correct.
What are the Disadvantages of using Squarespace?
- To get the best results in terms of design and appearance, you will need to get your hands dirty a bit. And having some basics in HTML and CSS will be a plus (although it is not essential).
- The structure and organization of Squarespace don’t make it easy. You may also encounter problems with SEO (search engine referencing).
- Although their editor is easy to learn, it can be confusing for new users. To get a good degree of customization, it will be useful to have some basics in HTML / CSS (but it is not essential).
- The other side of the coin with WYSIWYG: you have to know the profound effects of your modifications to obtain the best results in terms of design and performance.
- The configuration of your domain can be complicated for certain options (Google suite in particular). In addition, your site remains entirely dependent on Squarespace (hosting, domain name, pro mail). In other words, you are subject to changes in policies and options unique to Squarespace.
- If you want to get a really beautiful and impressive site, you will have to shell out a bit more. Overall, you will get a result proportional to your investment.
Our selection of the 10 best alternatives to Squarespace to create your website more simply
After presenting our 3 favorites, here is our selection of the 10 best Squarespace alternatives to create your website more simply.
With Wix, small businesses and individuals alike have the tools and ability to create beautiful, professional-looking websites without special coding expertise.
Wix is a free service, but users can choose to improve their websites by subscribing to premium plans, one of which is exclusively for e-commerce providers.
The logic of Wix is simple: the right site builder software should be able to create everything! What makes Wix special compared to other popular site builders is the degree of customization. All the templates can be customized thanks to a very easy-to-use drag and drop editor. Wix is clearly one of the best alternatives to Squarespace.
Advantages of Wix
- Good overall performance of your website.
- A large choice of templates.
- Very intuitive drag and drop interface.
Disadvantages of Wix
- Your site is not transferable if you wish to leave Wix.
- You must necessarily pay to have access to the statistics.
For a classic website, you can connect your domain for 4.50 € per month. The Basic package, for personal use, is € 8.50 per month, the Unlimited package at € 12.50 for craftsmen and the self-employed, and the VIP package at € 24.50 with priority assistance service.
Weebly is a drag and drop website builder that allows users to build unique websites and online stores. This platform could be your Squarespace alternatives
Weebly offers integrations with over twenty useful third-party apps for your website, blog, or online store.
You can also buy your own domain from Weebly or launch your website with a company-provided subdomain. SEO optimization has been built deep into the system making it easier to get organic traffic to search engines. Weebly has tons of professional themes that can be customized to match your brand or business identity.
Advantages of Weebly
- A very easy to use editor
- The “Weebly App Center” is very comprehensive
- The mobile version of Weebly is very successful
You can use the basic features of Weebly for free. Then you will have to pay € 5 per month to connect a domain, the Pro plan at € 10 per month and the Business plan at € 20 per month (billed annually).
SiteW website creation software intended for all audiences. All the templates offered are free and can be customized as you see fit. Its template editor is very easy to use thanks to its smooth and pleasant drag and drop system. The other advantage is that you can modify your classic website to turn it into a very complete e-commerce website.
Advantages of SiteW
- Very easy to use the software.
- Very complete support and available at all times.
- Statistical tools developed.
Disadvantages of SiteW
- The website builder can be confusing for some.
Cost of SiteW website builder:
You can use SiteW for free. Then, the Blog package at € 2.99 per month, the Premium package at € 5.99 per month, the Ecommerce package at € 11.99 per month and the Pro package at € 17.99 per month.
Strikingly is an online platform that allows people with no coding skills to build beautiful websites. The website has tools with simple and user-friendly features to help people get a website up and running in minutes.
Strikingly also offers domain registration from the platform itself, which saves a lot of time and money compared to purchasing from a third-party service.
A good feature of Strikingly is that you can embed your own online store into your website and the company won’t charge you any extra fees for setup or sales.
Advantages of Strikingly:
- The templates are good qualities
- No additional costs if you want an e-commerce site.
- The possibility of incorporating custom HTML, JS, CSS codes with paid plans.
Cost of Strikingly
You can use Strikingly for free. Then, you have the choice between the Limited package at € 8 per month, the Pro package at € 16 per month or the VIP package at € 49 per month (annual billing).
Jimdo, With its easy-to-use interface, Jimdo has helped build over 200,000 online stores since its launch in 2010. Setup is quick and easy and it will only take you a few minutes before you can start selling and taking sales. orders from buyers all over the world. Jimdo Website Builder is proving to be a great option for businesses, freelancers or entrepreneurs. Jimdo offers an easy way to build a website using a tablet, smartphone or computer. It provides an intuitive interface that allows even novices to create a personalized online presence with an e-commerce store or blog.
Advantages of Jimdo
- One of the easiest website builders to use.
- Good SEO optimization.
- A developed and effective support.
Cost of Jimdo per month:
Prices For the creation of a classic website you have the choice: you can start using Jimdo for free or subscribe to one of the 4 packages. The Start package at € 9 per month, the Grow package at € 15 per month, the Grow Legal package at € 20 per month or the Unlimited package at € 39 per month.
6. Site 123
SITE123 is a website builder designed for individuals and businesses to build a website as easily as counting “1-2-3”. The tool specializes in helping users with no coding or design experience to set up their own online presence in the easiest and fastest way.
Not only will your website be attractive, it is also optimized for search engines and responsive when viewed on any device. Ready-made templates and layouts are available to help you set up your website.
It is suitable for users who don’t have the time to spend hours and days organizing things on their website, and those who don’t want to hire a professional to develop their site.
Prices of site123 per month:
You can use Site123 for free or subscribe to the Premium package at 10.80 € per month.
Advantages of webflow
- The code is very clean and exportable.
- Many very pretty templates.
- A good level of customization.
What is the cost of webflow per month:
Prices For classic websites, the first plan is the Basic plan at $ 12 per month, followed by the CMS plan at $ 16 per month, the Business plan at $ 36 per month, and the Enterprise plan, available only on request.
Weblium is an AI-based website builder designed to make website building simple. Users can quickly create mobile-friendly sites and landing pages.
The software prioritizes usability, therefore, it provides a built-in AI design supervisor that automatically adjusts your website layout while you are editing it.
In addition, Weblium offers over 200 ready-made blocks and templates for you to choose from. In addition to the user-friendly interface, Weblium provides 24/7 support when you need help with your convection.
Advantages of weblium
- Easy and quick to personalize.
- Professional quality templates.
- Many free options like SSL certificate, cloud hosting, and domain.
What is the cost of weblium per month?
Prices You can use Weblium for free or subscribe to the Pro plan at $ 8.25 per month or the Landing Pro plan at $ 196 (one-time payment).
9. Kirby: building your own site without a database
In 2012, developer Bastian Allgaier put a very special Squarespace alternatives on track. Its system, Kirby, is not only compact, quickly installed on the server and easy to use, but it also operates entirely without using a database .
The prerequisites for using this program are limited to a web server (Apache 2, NGINX, LiteSpeed, Caddy) and the programming language PHP .
To publish the website you have created, it is necessary to purchase a license, available in two versions: for individuals or for companies.
The Ghost content management system, released in 2003, was launched thanks to a Kickstarter campaign that raised 200,000 euros in just one month.
This alternative to Squarespace, which has already been installed 1.5 million times (status as of May 2019), is for anyone who wants to focus on writing and is looking for a platform to publish texts.
Besides the desktop version for macOS, Windows, and Linux (Ubuntu) and an app for Android, there is also a dashboard (Ghost Pro), to manage the layout and content.
Ghost is based on the simplified Markdown language which, combined with the WYSIWYG editor, automatically converts the code to HTML.
Squarespace alternatives can be hosted for free on its own webspace, or in exchange for a monthly subscription on the manufacturer’s space.