If you work in advertising, Google is almost certainly an important part of your day-to-day work. But even if you have been using its search engine and other applications for a lot of years, Google hides a lot of hidden tricks and super fun secrets. Here we tell you 25 of them, how many did you know?
25 tricks and secrets of Google
1) If you type in the Google search engine ” do a barrel roll “, the results turn 360 degrees before returning to their original position.
2) If you don’t have internet, Chrome will show you an error message with a tyrannosaurus. When you hit the space bar, the tyrannosaurus will move and start a game in which you have to jump over obstacles. The game is programmed to last 17 million years, that is, approximately the time that the tyrannosaurus was on earth.
3) One of the best-known Google secrets is ” doodles “: the special logos displayed to commemorate certain occasions. Here you can see a compilation of all of them.
4) Would you like to try a retro video game? Search for ” Pac man doodle ” in Google and you will see the interactive doodle they made to celebrate the 30th anniversary of this game. Your challenge: eat all the dots on the screen and not let the ghosts catch you.
5) If you search for ” anagram “, Google suggests “maybe you meant ‘frog range'”. An example is worth a thousand explanations! Also, this trick works in multiple languages.
6) If you type ” askew ” (crooked) in the search engine, the results page will show … well that’s crooked.
7) Do you have existential doubts? Try Googling ” the answer to life the universe and everything “. The answer shown (with a calculator and all) is … 42. The joke comes from the famous fictional saga The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
8) Have you gotten tired of the typical friend or relative who asks you questions instead of searching for them on Google? ” Let me use Google for you ” is a page that helps you let them know.
9) You can put Google in most official languages … and also in pirate, hacker, and Klingon languages.
10) If you click the ” Enable globe view ” function in Google Maps, you can visit other planets. You just have to click on the “zoom-out” option with the minus sign up to the limit. Then you will find yourself in space and in the navigation bar you will see the planets you can travel to.
11) And continuing with Google Maps if you click on ” Explore ” a gallery with 360-degree virtual tours of the area you are viewing will open. Ideal for traveling without leaving home.
12) Do you still want to explore? With Google Sky, you can leave the confines of our planet and go to other galaxies. You can also explore 3D versions of the Moon and Mars.
13) A Google secret for mathematicians: if you search for ” graph for ” and a function (for example, “graph for sin (x) + cos (y)”), Google will show you the corresponding graph.
14) Chrome Experiments is a site that collects all kinds of developer tests with Chrome, from a meter to see how much your voice is like Freddie Mercury to a project that analyzes UFO sighting patterns.
15) Do you want to convert dollars to euros, or pounds to kilos? You can do it directly in the Google search engine. If you complete the search, you will be able to use an interactive currency converter directly on the Google search results page.
16) Another interactive game to pass the time: if you search for ” solitaire “, you can play a game of cards directly from the search engine.
17) Doctor Who fan? You can visit the Tardis (for non-series fans, a time machine in the form of a phone booth) through Google Maps.
18) Can stress you? Google ” breathing exercise ” and you can see a 60-second breathing exercise to quickly release tension.
19) Do you need to play something heads or tails and you don’t have a coin on hand? Search for ” flip a coin ” in the Google search engine and voila! (Also, the design of the virtual currency is very nice.)
20) Do you want to learn something new? Try Googling ” fun fact ” and you’ll see a random curiosity, from the number of lakes in Finland to which was the shortest presidency in the United States.
21) A Google secret for music lovers: in this link, you can play a duet with your computer thanks to an artificial intelligence program. You can use a virtual piano keyboard or, for the more expert, connect an electronic piano.
22) And if what you need is to set the rhythm and you don’t have a metronome handy, you just have to Google ” metronome “.
23) The file robots.txt of YouTube includes the text “Created in the distant future (the year 2000) after the robotic uprising of the mid-’90s Which wiped out all humans” ( “Created in the distant future  after the robotic rebellion of the mid-1990s that wiped out all humans “).
24) Do spinners relax you? Well, you know that if you search for that word in Google, you will find a virtual version. Already, we know that it is not the same, but in exchange, you can opt for the standard version or for roulette with numbers to cast something with lots when you do not have dice at hand.
25) And speaking of spinners, we end this selection with the definitive Google secret. If you search for ” google birthday surprise spinner “, you will find a roulette wheel with all the playable Doodle doodles. After spinning the wheel, you can try to open the one you have to play with or try your luck again. This feature was originally released to celebrate Google’s 19th birthday.
for website maintenance service contact us.