Odoo functional scope
Editing of quotes & invoices
With the four quote and invoice templates offered by Odoo, you can add your logo, a header, and your slogan to your sales document templates. You can also modify the fonts and writing colors of each of the 4 available models.
These templates are not fully customizable (you can’t exactly place your logo or anything else anywhere on your documents), but the rendering is still very professional.
Once your invoice template has been configured, you can use it to invoice your customers. To create an invoice, all you have to do is go to the “invoices” tab and click on “create”. You can then add a customer and the desired items. You can also start from a quote, or an order already recorded, and transform it into an invoice.
It is at this stage that you will fill in the terms of payment, and the alerts necessary for monitoring the payment (you can also add an alert in the form of a note such as “customer attention tending to pay late”). At this stage, you will also define the reminder template to apply in the event of late payment.
Finally, You will have the possibility of sending your invoices directly by e-mail, in .pdf format, accompanied by an online payment link to facilitate the execution of the payment. You can also submit the invoice to other members of your company before sending it so that it gets pre-validation.
Customer file & product catalog
In your Odoo management tool, you can save all of your customer and supplier contact databases. You will save all the necessary information there, including images, the logo of your customers, internal notes to get to know them better, and the buying and selling parameters.
By adding the CRM application of this ERP, you will also be able to manage your exchanges with your partners to closely follow your current negotiations.
Small flat on the contact dashboard: there is a lack of visible information without having to enter each customer or supplier file.
Likewise, keep your item database in your management tool, to easily find each of them, as well as all the information relating to each of them, when you produce a sales document or enter an item. ” accounting entry:
- Fill in all the information useful for the sale of your products, namely: the minimum quantity sold, the purchase and sale price, the VAT applied, as well as the accounting codes associated with the purchase and sale of your items.
- Add an image or photo of your item
- Indicate whether these are purchased items and/or sold items
- Manage your stocks and create alerts so you are not out of stock
- Manage several product categories to better organize your article database
To go further in the management of your articles, in particular for the management of inventories, you will undoubtedly have to buy the “Inventory” module offered by Odoo.
Monitoring of hours worked and re-invoicing
To monitor the hours spent on your customers’ orders when necessary, use the “timesheet” function which allows you:
- Enter and time the time spent on each production step during the day using the timer that you can activate at any time of the day
- Start your tasks easily by clicking on “Start” on the Google Chrome extension offered by Odoo
- Quickly record your timesheets and forecasts thanks to the grid display, and visualize in real-time the activity of your employees
- Record the hours worked directly on your customers’ purchase orders, and automatically modify the time to invoice
- Use filters that facilitate the validation and invoicing of your timesheets
To invoice expense reports, two solutions are available to you on Odoo:
- Create a consumable type item, add it to a purchase order, and feed the quantity as you use that consumable for your customer. Once the order is complete, you can transform this purchase order into an invoice to re-invoice the customer.
- Use the “expense reports” module offered by Odoo, as well as the “Expenses” module. As with the first solution, you create a service-type item this time. Then you will have to select the “Reinvoice costs” invoicing policy then “cost invoicing”, without forgetting to select an analytical account. You can then create an expense in the “Expenses” application and include the item created upstream, then enter the quantity used and the unit price of this item. You will have to click on “submit to responsible”. Finally, when the expense report is validated, you can create an invoice and include your expense report inside, so the customer will be re-invoiced for your expense report.
When you send an invoice to your customer, they will find it in their dedicated customer area. This secure access allows them to view their invoice (or quotes) and to proceed directly to online payment from a modern and pleasant interface.
Reminders on late payments can be set up very easily on Odoo and allow you to be paid more quickly.
Unpaid alerts & reminders
Odoo facilitates the monitoring of payments:
- Create recurring alerts for unpaid invoices
- Automate the sending of reminders at predefined intervals in the event of late payment
- Prioritize your reminders according to the importance of the customer’s delay, by creating several levels of reminders
- Find all unpaid invoices and reminders sent on the Odoo sales dashboard and in each customer file
Odoo’s accounting interface allows you to manage:
- Bank synchronization: Import your bank statements from your bank in a few clicks or create an automatic synchronization.
- Smart bank reconciliation: Save time by automating the recognition of receivables from your customers and suppliers on the different lines of your bank statements.
- The production of professional invoices with an automated follow-up of payments
- Taxes: also automate the recording of taxes due on each of your sales since the creation of the item file. However, you will only be able to set one default tax rate that you cannot change on invoices (except by creating a special line to calculate tax manually).
To remain responsive and keep access to essential information about your business at all times, Odoo has created an Odoo app available from the Business plan on the Odoo apps store. All your employees can continue to work as a team while on the move.
Since not all data is necessary while roaming, only the most useful data is accessible and editable from the My Odoo app. It even synchronizes offline so that no information is lost.
- See which customer is calling you thanks to the synchronization of Odoo’s contact book
- Calculate your mileage expense reports using the GPS route calculation included in the Odoo apps
- Manage your stock movements by scanning your products with your smartphone camera
- Dictate your notes to save them in the Odoo apps and share them with your colleagues etc …
Ease your economic performance through cost accounting on managed Odoo:
- Prioritize your analytical accounts according to your projects, contracts, your various activities, etc.
- Automatically integrate your timesheets, purchase invoices, and other costs into your analytical accounting
- Distribute your accounting entries in several analytical accounts using analytical tags
- Manage a multitude of analytical plans containing default values and allocation ratios
- Get clear analysis reports, organized hierarchically according to your priorities
On Odoo, you can manage your budgets and automatically classify your expense reports. Your employees can scan or photograph their expense reports, then send them to a dedicated e-mail address linked to Odoo so that they are taken into account and saved instantly.
With Odoo, you have the possibility of automatically integrating, or via OFX, QIF, CSV, or Coda file imports, your bank statements to match your various flows to the purchase, sales, and charge regulations entered in your management solution.
Odoo can also be used in points of sale and allows you to follow your transactions carried out at the checkout, including those paid in cash.
Overall, registering for Odoo is fast and smooth: in a few minutes, you choose the modules that interest you, fill in your details and you can use the tool.
Before you start, Odoo helps you set up your account by integrating data relating to your business as well as your banking and accounting information.
As for the navigation and use of the software itself, Odoo is on the whole intuitive and the access to the main functionalities of the software is relatively simple.
Odoo customer service
Between the slowness of processing your request and the quality of response that depends on your interlocutor, it is often preferable to turn to the well-supplied help center and the community support space.
However, here are the different ways to contact Odoo customer support:
- Email: There is no email address to contact Odoo customer support directly. You can simply get general information about the management solution through this.
- Telephone: The telephone number provided by Odoo is only useful in emergencies and for functional questions.
- Support Form: The only way to get technical support from Odoo. Responses may take hours or even days to arrive.
- Help and Documentation Center: On the Odoo help page you will find practical guides and FAQs that answer the most frequently encountered technical problems on Odoo and guide you to a resolution of your problem. This is the preferred problem-solving method at Odoo.
- Community Forum: This mutual help space allows users to exchange views by asking questions to other Odoo users.
- Direct chat: This chat tool available on the Odoo site allows you to ask general questions about the Odoo apps.
- Odoo training center: Training sessions are offered to allow you to become autonomous in the use of Odoo. They are offered per session (for $ 125 / training) or year with a training package of $ 1,000 to have access to all the training offered by Odoo for 1 year.
- Blog: Odoo’s blog brings together articles dealing with Odoo news and customer feedback on their experiences with Odoo.
- Odoo news pages: to regularly find new products offered by Odoo.
- White papers: The white papers offered by Odoo are perfectly detailed, but must be shared on social networks to be downloaded.
- YouTube Channel: Odoo’s YouTube channel contains videos from recorded webinars and customer reviews.
- Social networks: Odoo’s Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter profiles are updated regularly.
Customer reviews on Odoo
User reviews on Odoo give a score of 4.2 / 5 on Capterra and G2 to this management solution. Opinions on Odoo are divided between the excellent quality/price ratio, the functional richness, the ease of use of the interface, and the difficulty of making the necessary settings yourself.
- A complete and customizable solution: “Odoo provides my company with all the modules necessary for the management of the company. “; “Odoo is one of the most customizable solutions”.
- Easy to use and intuitive: “It is easy to set up, intuitive and the modules are well integrated. “; “Easy to install, all the functionality of the module available”; “Easy to use, the user interface is very clean and not messy”; “What I like the most is that in Odoo, everything is easy and fluid. “; “Customization of all tools and modules”.
- Settings are difficult to set up without support: “Complicated settings”; “ Personalization is not easy”.
As you can see, Odoo stands out from its competitors by its “module-based” approach. In terms of pricing, this translates into the fact that the cost of using the tool depends on the number of users and applications selected (not all modules are at the same price).
The billing and accounting modules, which we are mainly interested in, are related and are available for free, as long as you don’t need more apps or hosting options.
We let you consult the prices of the different modules offered by Odoo to understand how much the tool could cost you according to your needs.
Odoo user License
The cost of Odoo is free and without limitations in its Community edition, where the huge community of +16,000 developers continuously shapes and improves the software.
The company Odoo S.A, offers a paid edition based on Odoo Community, with some extra modules and functionalities. This version has a monthly cost for each module used (about € 20 / module), and for each user (about € 10 / user).
Both editions are compatible. Odoo Community can be implemented by any consultancy, but to access Odoo Enterprise you must go to a partner associated with Odoo like us, whose knowledge and good practices are verified and examined.
Odoo is a web application, so it must be hosted in the cloud or on a server that you own.
Due to the importance of the data handled in Odoo, it is vital to choose a provider who knows well how Odoo works, how to effectively apply the necessary security measures, and protects the data with a multi-location backup policy.
The cost of a private cloud hosting for Odoo depends on the power required to serve your employees and customers and is usually around € 70 / month.
Read more: Pipedrive review: price & presentation
Implementation and training cost
Odoo, like any ERP, is too critical and complex a system to implement without the help of an expert team in technical capacity and experience.
Implementing Odoo successfully is understanding how your company works, to apply all the power of Odoo with one main target: to multiply your company’s ability to generate profits.
Once the management system we have envisioned together has been implemented, it’s essential to train your employees so that they know how to get the most out of their new work tool.
The price depends on the complexity of your business processes and the number of modules you are going to use. Starting at €5,000 for an SME that needs to manage billing, CRM, Corporate Website, and Warehouses.
Custom modules development price
Another major advantage that differentiates Odoo from the rest of ERP: it is possible to program modules that work directly within Odoo, designed and adjusted 100% to your needs.
There are thousands of programmers capable of developing Odoo modules, but the experience is essential: it is not just about knowing how to program, but also knowing the Odoo framework very well. Otherwise, developing seemingly simple functionality can go a long way, often leading to failure and frustration for everyone involved.
We program daily in Odoo and maintain our own 86 modules since 2014. The price of the custom development is calculated based on the time needed, between € 60 and € 90 / hour, and we always comply with the deadlines.
For website maintenance service contact us.