What is the full form of LPG?
LPG fullform: Liquefied Petroleum Gas
LPG fullform: Liquefied Petroleum Gas is the full name of the product. Liquefied Petroleum Gas is the complete form of LPG in Hindi. When compared to other fuels, LPG is relatively simple to use and may be used anywhere and at any time. Because it is entirely burned, none of the hazardous gases escape, endangering our health. It is becoming commonplace to have an LPG hookup in one’s home. LPG cylinders can be found in the kitchen almost everywhere.
What exactly is LPG?
It’s a generic term for a collection of volatile hydrocarbon gases like propane, butane, and isobutane, among others. These gases are often utilized as fuels since they are liquefied by pressure. LPG is used to power kitchen appliances, heating appliances, and automobiles.
LPG has no color, no odor, and is heavier than air. It has a high heat value, thus it can generate a lot of heat in a short amount of time. It is a clean-burning fuel that is often sold in liquid form in various-sized cylinders. As a result, it is a convenient, portable energy source that is simple to use, store, and transfer. LPG has an unpleasant odor since it contains a scent that is introduced for safety reasons. Processing and refining are used to obtain LPG from crude oil and natural gas.
Use of LPG
LPG has a wide range of applications in both the home and the workplace. The following are some of its most common applications:
- Cooking: It is stored in liquid form in a cylinder or tank for cooking purposes. It’s an excellent cooking fuel because it burns completely and produces no smoke or residue.
- Heat is generated using LPG heaters. During the winter, homes feature in-built console or ducted heating systems that use LPG to generate heat. It’s also used to heat water that flows through a closed pipe system to radiators.
- LPG is used to produce hot water in LPG-powered geysers. In the winter, they are commonly used for bathing, washing clothing, and other activities.
- LPG is utilized as a motor fuel in vehicles such as cars and buses. It is a cost-effective fuel because it uses less LPG to travel the same distance as petrol or diesel. LPG is also more environmentally friendly because it burns fully without producing smoke or leaving residue.
- Electricity: LPG is also used to create electricity by those who live off the grid.
What documentation is necessary for a new LPG connection?
When you apply for your first LPG connection, you must submit several documentation in addition to the application form. The following is information on those documents:-
Documents that serve as proof of identity include
You can use any of the following documents as proof of identity when applying for a new gas connection:
- Aadhaar Card
- voter identity card
- Driving License
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card
- Government Issued Photo ID
Evidence of Address Documents
You can use any of the following documents as proof of address when applying for a new gas connection:
- driving license
- Voter’s identity card
- Ration card
- Lease agreement
- Utility bills- telephone /electricity/ water bill
- LIC policy
- bank statement
- House registration document
- Letter of possession or allotment for a flat/apartment
- Declaration of address attested by a Gazetted officer
Read more: IFS full form