The new Core Web Vitals update
Google has announced a new update, which will be phased in from mid-June to mid-August 2021.
This update includes the Core Web Vitals test as a new ranking factor. Your website must therefore pass the new Core Web Vitals test to get the best places in the search results.
Fast page load times are therefore essential for websites. Users have noticeably short attention spans, and visitors will leave the site if it takes longer than a few seconds to load.
Did you know that the Google Analytics script can slow down your site?
In some cases, it has been reported that the Google Analytics script slows down the loading time of websites.
While it may seem paradoxical that a Google tool can impact its own Core Web Vitals score, the Google Analytics tracking script can slow down your website and affect your score if not properly optimized.
To find out if you are affected by this slowdown, here is the procedure:
First, open your browser’s console (press F12 on your keyboard), click on the Network tab, and reload the page. Click the “Time” column to sort the content items by how long they take to load, and search for www.google-analytics.com in the “Domain” column.
You should see a low amount of time (100ms or less) for anything coming from the domain www.google-analytics.com. If you are seeing higher times or if pages are still loading slowly, you need to dig deeper.
What is the solution? Well, MonsterInsight recently updated its plugin to fix this problem.
Improve Your Website Speed with MonsterInsights
Faster loading of scripts and hosting of “gtag.js” locally with MonsterInsights
This update allows the plugin scripts to load as quickly as possible. This update also includes the upgrade of the Performance Addon which now offers the possibility to host your gtag.js script locally on your own server.
In addition, the plugin will now retrieve the latest gtag.js file from Google every 24 hours to ensure that it is always up to date.
So to simplify, MonsterInsights now allows you to reduce the number of external resources that your website has to load and therefore increase the overall loading speed of the site.
What is MonsterInsights?
MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. With MonsterInsights, you can easily connect your WordPress site to Google Analytics with just a few clicks. MonsterInsights helps you find out how visitors find and use your site, so you can keep them coming back.
Basic features of MonsterInsights:
- Quick and easy configuration of Google Analytics
- Keep your tracking code even when you change WordPress themes
- See real-time statistics in your WordPress dashboard
- View the most popular articles, pages, and referral sources.
Features of MonsterInsights Pro:
With MonsterInsights Pro, you can get even more powerful analytics:
- Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking – Full Google Analytics tracking for WooCommerce stores and Easy Digital Downloads.
- Ad Tracking – Track your Google Adsense ads with Google Analytics.
- File Upload Tracking – Activate file upload statistics with one click.
- Custom Dimensions Tracking – Get reports on authors, custom post types, SEO scores, and more.
- Performance Tracking – Control the performance rate and sample rate for your Google Analytics report.
- Outbound Link Tracking – Reliable tracking of affiliate links and other outbound links.
- Google AMP Tracking – Tracking suitable for Google AMP websites.
for website maintenance service contact us.