Video has established itself in recent years as THE most consumed format on the web! Whether it’s on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, TikTok, or many others, let’s learn on How to make an awesome social media video
whether it’s a delayed or live broadcast, video is everywhere! Providing quality content is essential to stand out, to bring real value to your community and prospects.
And that also goes through the format you choose! To make yourself a place, increase visibility and transmit your message, choose video!
The advantages of video are many, it allows people to quickly hook up and get closer to your community, to create a real bond and connection with it.
Through its authentic side, it offers more transparency, the possibility of sharing moments of life, or even of passing a message.
Because one of the most important factors when you sell a product, a service, is the trust that people can place in you. If they trust you and if your message touches them, then everything will be easier.
However, the advantage today is that to make quality videos, little material is enough. A good recent smartphone or a computer with a quality webcam, a microphone, and you’re done! In this article,
I invite you to find out how to create professionally made online videos with a smartphone and the tools to use to create them in the easiest and most fun way possible.
7 important points to take into account:
How to make a video in 7 steps, these are the simple steps to make a video using your mobile phone
1 / Define your objective and the terms
To create a good video, you need to define your goal, and for that you need to ask yourself a few questions. This will allow you to see more clearly in the process of creating your videos.
- What message do you want to convey, and what impact do you want to create?
- On which platform do you want to broadcast your videos?
- Who do you want to target? If you have a Customer Avatar already defined this should be easy to determine otherwise you should take the time to create one! To find out more, see our article ” How to create your customer avatar “.
Once you have determined these 3 essential points, you can move on to the next step.
2 / Create and Plan the content of your video
To be effective, you need to plan 5 essential pieces of content to create great videos. Here they are :
- Teaser (or intro) Think about how to start your video. The first seconds are essential because they must engage the spectator from the start in order to make him want to continue viewing. Ask yourself the right questions about your target, what questions can they ask themselves, what themes might interest them?
- Branding: How will you display your brand image? Are you going to present it in your intro at the end of the video? Why not attach some music? Important: Always make sure you display your logo in a prominent position.
- Segments / Content: What theme will you address in the video, how will you cut this content in order to make it perfectly digestible in video? Segment your content correctly and make a plan beforehand with the different themes you are going to discuss.
- Call to action (CTA): Indispensable: the Call to Action allows your viewers to perform an action during or after they have seen your video. Think about where and how to place your CTA. At the start of the video? In the middle, at the end? What catchphrase and what CTA do you want to offer? Example: Click on the link to receive my ebook – Click on this link to subscribe and discover even more videos – Remember to like the video or put a blue thumb.
- End of video: In the same way that you have to think carefully about your intro, the outro has all its importance! So think about how you’re going to end your video.
3 / Plan your visuals
To help you in creating your video, remember to make a list of all the visuals, i.e. video sequences and images that you want to integrate into your video from Premiere Pro transitions, and check them off little by little as you put them together. . Small tips: illustrate as much as possible what you are talking about! And if you don’t feel ready to appear on video, it is quite possible to just do screencasts or animations!
Read: 7 free royalty music bank
4 / Applications for video editing (from a smartphone)
QUIK is a free GoPro app available on Android and iPhone that is very easy to use and allows professional video editing. Quik is ideal if you are a beginner.
The application offers a varied choice of themes (26) composed of different transitions and graphics and allows you to combine still shots with clips. In no time at all, you can create awesome videos made up of music, and text, all synced as desired.
Another interesting tool that may be suitable for beginners: iMovie.
This IOS app offers all the basic features for making and editing movies easily. Select your shots, add titles, music, and effects to them. iMovie also supports 4K videos to give your images cinematic quality.
KineMaster and Adobe Premiere Rush are more intended for people mastering more advanced video creation applications. They offer a range of professional features.
InShot is another video maker and editor app that comes in handy, especially for resizing the crop of your videos if you want to stream square formats for Instagram for example.
The application offers the possibility of editing a video from A to Z by cutting it, removing the middle part, making a split video, merging the clips, or even adjusting the speed.
Without forgetting the possibility of adding text, various filters as well as stickers. Inshot is directly integrated with YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram.
If you have a computer and prefer to edit your videos on it (often easier than on a smartphone), I highly recommend Screenflow for Mac and Camtasia for PC
5 / The audio
Audio is really the part that should not be neglected for the production of a quality video! Especially once the video takes, you can not go back to the sound afterward.
- First of all, make sure to avoid any noise pollution by simply listening to the environment in which you are going to film.
For example, make sure the windows are all closed, there might be an echo that you can avoid by moving to a different room and choosing one that has a rug and curtains to absorb more sound.
- Then, equip yourself with a professional-quality lavalier microphone, which will provide you with a very discreet audio recording system.
- Finally, do a little test of your audio to make sure that you capture what you need and that you don’t end up with extraneous background noise, and that the audio level from the mic is correct.
6 / Lighting
Another very important element of your video: lighting! Look for the places that will be the most suitable for obtaining good light.
The best is to put your smartphone in selfie mode and move around the different areas of your environment in order to find the most optimal light.
Note that you can manually change the lighting of your phone by pressing the
small sun icon on your iPhone or the light bulb icon on Android.
Small tip: if you have the possibility, face a window, in order to have all the natural light possible.
If you have a budget to invest in your light, there are many possibilities such as a Led Ring or Led panels with daylight.
7 / The camera
Once you’re up to speed with sound and lighting, you can move on to video. It is important to position the lens of your smartphone or camera at eye level so that the viewer is at the same level as you.
When recording, look at the camera lens rather than the screen.
When you frame the shot, keep in mind that most people will be watching your video through a mobile device. So ideally, show your face up close, keeping your smartphone close to it.
However, you can position yourself so that you show a little of your shoulders in the frame. But that’s all!
The goal is for the viewer to be fully devoted to you or the person you are interviewing, and not to what surrounds you.
Tip: You can connect your smartphone to a computer and record or stream directly from the computer with,
for example, the Epoccam software from Elgato.
Remember to articulate that we understand you and put a lot of energy into
your videos to share them with your subscribers!
And you, do you have any other tips on how to create a video? Do it in the comments!