What is MonsterInsights?
MonsterInsights is a plugin that allows you to easily add, customize and manage Google Analytics tracking services on your WordPress site. In a nutshell, it makes it easier to track your website with Google Analytics. The plugin was originally created by Yoast, the creator of the Yoast SEO plugin, widely regarded as the best WordPress SEO plugin available.
There are two versions of the MonsterInsights plugin: Free and Pro.
The free version allows you to easily install Google Analytics, track all the data you need on a basic website, and includes the following features:
- Easy installation
- Activate/deactivate different types of tracking with just one click.
- Dashboards and visitor metrics report within your WordPress admin access.
- Follow outgoing links or downloads on your site.
- Anonymize IP addresses so that traffic from countries with stricter privacy regulations can be tracked.
The Pro version includes all of the above plus these additional features:
- Track popular posts / pages.
- Track 404 error pages on your site.
- Personalized monitoring such as page views by author.
- AdSense tracking.
- Create personalized reports.
While the free version of the plugin largely meets the need of the majority of WordPress site owners, consider the Pro version if you are looking for more customizable report data from your WordPress dashboard.
There’s even an e-commerce module for e-commerce website owners that connects to WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads.
Installing the MonsterInsights plug-in
The first thing to do is obviously to install the Monsterinsight plugin on your WordPress site. The process is simple, once in WordPress, click on the Extensions tab then Add. In the search engine, search for “Monsterinsights”.
Then click on Install then Activate
Once the plugin is activated, it must be configured.
Upon activation, the plugin will add a new menu item titled “Insights” to the WordPress admin menu. By clicking on this item, the MonsterInsights setup wizard will appear.
Then you need to click on the “ Connect MonsterInsight s” button.
You will then see a pop-up window that will ask you to sign in to your Google accounts or select a Google account if you are already signed in.
Next, you will be asked to authorize MonsterInsights to access your Google Analytics account.
Click the “ Authorize ” button to continue.
You then have several configuration options.
The default settings work for most websites. If you are using an affiliate link plugin then you need to add the path you use to hide affiliate links. This will allow you to track your affiliate links in Google Analytics.
Click the “ Save and Continue ” button to save your settings.
Next, MonsterInsights will show you the paid add-ons that you can access if you upgrade to PRO. You can simply click the “Save and Continue” button to skip this step.
Next, you will be asked to install the WPForms plugin (one of the best contact form plugins). You can either install it or click on ” Skip this step “.
That’s all you managed to install and configure Google Analytics on your WordPress site. Keep in mind that it will take some time for Google Analytics to display your statistics.
Pros and Cons of MonsterInsights
- # 1 Google Analytics plugins: Google Analytics for WordPress from MonsterInsights is the most popular Google analytics plugin in the world. It has more than 2 million customers.
- Quick and easy installation and setup: installation and set-up are simple. Just install them via the plugin option, and their quick installation allows you to easily configure the scans for you.
- Customize according to your needs: You can easily customize the data. You have all rights to the data you want to track or not.
- User-friendly interface: Best of all, MonsterInsights gives you direct access to all your Google analytics data on your WordPress dashboard. The interface is straightforward and if you are a beginner it will help you understand all of the scanning options.
- Affordable Prices : Based on MonsterInsights specifications, they are affordable. They have 3 paid plans: Plus, Pro, Agency.
- Great Customer Service: They provide you with great customer service. If you buy any of their paid plans, you’ll get expert support from wordpress.org
- Limited Free Plans: If you use the free MonsterInsights plugin, you will get limited functionality. If you are very serious about your website, we recommend that you purchase their paid plan.
For website maintenance service contact us.