Home intercom system: Beyond its live chat features, Intercom is a very advanced conversational marketing tool. The possibility of automatically qualifying leads through the use of chatbots as well as integrating your prospects into multichannel message sequences including chatbots and email are features that can take you to the next level in terms of the sales organization.
Expensive, it remains a software capable of meeting a large number of needs to which additional modules can be added, to personalize the tool and make it even more efficient. Software that we present to you, in detail, in the rest of this article.
Home intercom system functional scope
Home intercom system offers various live chat solutions, allowing support to chat in real-time with customers, but also sculpins whose goal is to automatically help customers when support is not available.
More than a support tool, these sculpins also make it possible to qualify incoming prospects and integrate them into multichannel message sequences to lead them to conversion. It is these features, close to marketing automation that we review in detail in this article.
Very powerful chatbots
The types of chatbots available
A chatbot is programmed to obtain references and contact details of visitors when customer service is not available. It allows visitors to be supported by answering the most frequently asked questions.
Home intercom system Operator, the section for Intercom bots, offers 2 types of bots: Task and Custom.
“Task” bots: Intercom’s Task Bot is designed to automate simple tasks, such as suggesting articles in the Help Center and asking visitors to rate conversations. The Task Bot acts mainly as a targeted message machine; its capabilities are simple and effective.
“Custom” bots: Intercom’s custom and resolution bots are more advanced bots that interact with visitors based on predefined and targeted rules. Intercom offers a variety of predefined bot templates as well as the ability to create new bots from scratch.
When you want to build a custom bot (a chatbot feed with items), Intercom offers a block builder, with all of the different blocks on the left and the block content on the right.
Rules allow you to determine which type of leads to pushing which content, based on your scoring and segmentation criteria.
Finally, by defining the goal of your bot, you will be able to measure its effectiveness and understand how visitors interact with it.
In the home intercom system, you can see a full overview of everyone who has chatted with your chatbot.
The intercom system allows you to ask the user a question and record its answer directly via a personalized field or by assigning a tag. It is then possible to filter all the conversations, according to this information and the tags assigned.
When you click on one of your users, you can see their personalized fields, their tags, the pages of your website that they have recently visited, etc.
Intercom offers three channels on which to deploy the chatbot:
- IOS apps
- Android apps.
Multichannel message sequences
Intercom promotes the establishment of multichannel message sequences. It is possible to send emails to prospects adding an item to the cart, but who leave the page before paying. You can contact them by chat, email, or from posts where your company advertises the product. These engaging messages can be sent once or according to a predefined schedule, to specific customer segments.
The “Series” tool is used to set up these multichannel message sequences. You have the option of creating these messages from scratch or using one of the twelve templates available.
It is possible to integrate a lot of information, such as new users, new products, or the relaunch of users who have become inactive. To create these series, you must use the workflow generator. It allows you to define the target and the channels you want to use.
The other functionalities
Intercom also makes it possible to engage its customer’s thanks to:
- Product tour: The software offers product tours feature that has been designed for the sole purpose of guiding the user through the products in the gallery. You can include discussion videos, define the most important points of the page visited to promote engagement or guide the prospect to another specific feature.
- Mobile carousel: Creating a carousel specifically for mobile allows you to deploy swipe actions on the interface. Assistance, guide, and other essential information can easily be added.
- A / B tests: Intercom allows you to create A / B tests to define which elements of your strategy are the more relevant: mobile carousel, outgoing messages, the test possibilities are quite numerous and allow to optimize the user experience.
With wireless Intercom, businesses can not only collect and segment key data but also send and store custom data attributes about users within Intercom. Overall, Intercom’s customer data management functionality is one of the most complexes of any such tool.
Data attributes are individual pieces of customer information rather than customer actions – for example, an attribute can be the date and duration of a customer’s subscription plan, while an action can be the number of visits to the site. With wireless Intercom, you can create and upload custom data attributes, which will allow you to segment your marketing campaigns and analyzes.
Other types of customer data are also automatically collected by wireless Intercom. It contains a lot of information:
- Mail address
- User city and country
- Language spoken
- Browser version
Intercom provides key metrics to study the performance of its live chat or customer support. Updating very quickly, the reporting is easy to read and understand, thanks to its readable graphs and quite a several metrics, such as:
- Lead generation: it is possible to determine the number of leads obtained, the average response time observed for each lead or the sales rate as well as the report of its personalized bots.
- Customer engagement: you can determine the number of messages sent, the performance of your emails (opening, clicks) or the volume of messages per user and get a complete analysis of engagement over the last 7, 28 and 90 days.
- Customer Service: Intercom provides insight into overall conversations and performance as well as customer satisfaction ratings. It also gives insight into the effectiveness of the service and the bots when the latter are not available.
In the reporting part, Intercom favors sorting and segmentation by country, tags and other criteria. You can also generate CSV reports daily, weekly, or monthly.
Intercom offers over 200 integrations. These evolve according to the plan selected. The Accelerate plan integrates Intercom with Twitter or even Facebook or Zendesk and Salesforce, which the Start plan and the Grow plan do not offer.
Below is a list of some of the categories of integrations:
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Heap, Nalia, Blendo
- Conversations management: Facebook, WordPress, Zoho Desk, Shopify
- CRM: Salesforce, HubSpot , Square, Funnelfly
- Data & Enrichment: Stripe, Mailchimp, Census, DataHero
- Lead capture: Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar, Calendly, Chili Piper
- Marketing automation: Marketo, Autopilot, Troops, Shopping
- Surveys and Feedbacks: Upvoty, VideoAsk, Typeform, Prodsight
If these integrations are not enough or not suitable, it is possible to use tools like Zapier and Integromat to integrate you with virtually any existing application. It is also possible to develop your webhooks using the Intercom API.
No matter which plans your company chooses, Intercom offers chat and email support. Unfortunately, many users report a certain lack of responsiveness from Intercom’s support teams.
The functional depth of the tool is such that it is important that users can rely on self-service resources, and it is! There is an Intercom Academy where very well-structured courses are accessible with any formula and allow you to obtain an Intercom certification!
In addition, Intercom frequently organizes webinars and members of the community can then share their tips and advice from the forum. Here Intercom highlights this community aspect via a ranking of the best contributors. Everything is done to minimize the difficulties associated with the learning curve of the tool.
Read more: Crisp Chat: Complete Marketing Chat Solution
Customer reviews on Intercom
Overall, Intercom gets excellent ratings from its users, with 4.4 / 5 on G2 for 1712 reviews and 4.5 / 5 on Capterra with 779 reviews! We have summarized for you the returns that come up most often:
- Efficient and relevant interface: “On the front-end, everything revolves around the quality of the interaction, and on the back-end, all the data and the integration with the CRM and other tools to cultivate prospects effectively and efficiently. ”
- Bot Effectiveness: “I like using it not only to talk to my clients but also to educate those I have no communication with.”
- Segmentation: “The escalation process and the ease of adding tags. This makes the search very easy. ”
- Customer Service: “I wish they had offered support a bit faster, as I often wait a day for a response, but that’s a minor detail.”
- Price: “It’s very expensive – starting at $ 59 per month for someone accessing basic chat.”
- Setup: “It may seem difficult during setup and you will need an engineer to help you with some things.”
Intercom does not offer a free trial. There is also a certain lack of transparency in terms of tariffs since it is necessary to dig to obtain clear information on the subject.
- For TPE subscribing to a basic messaging offer: $ 59 / month/user
- For other companies wishing to benefit from all the functionalities, prices are only available on request.
Considered to be quite expensive, Intercom remains an extremely powerful tool. Is the investment deserved? It will depend on the number of interactions between your users and your chatbot. If the number of exchanges is high, this can save time and automatically qualify leads and therefore reduce other posts in expenses.
For website maintenance service contact us.