Importing products is one of the crucial aspects when you start with a WooCommerce store. There are different tools available in the WooCommerce ecosystem to help you import products. In this article, we’ll give you the basic process for importing products to your store using the WP All Import plugin.
How to import products using the WP All Import plugin?
WP All Import offers a drag and drop interface to help you quickly import data to your WordPress site. With the help of this plugin and the WooCommerce add-on, you will be able to easily import large volumes of product data effortlessly. Here, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how you can easily import product data using the plugin and add-on.
1. Start a new import
You can start a new import in three ways using WP All Import
- Upload File – If you have a CSV or XML file with all of your product data, you can use this option.
- Download a file – In this option, you can upload a file from the URL or via FTP / SFTP.
- Use existing file – If you have a file that was previously used on WP All import, it will be saved and you can use it for a new import.
Choose an option according to your needs.
Once the import file is available, you can specify the data you are going to import. In this case, choose WooCommerce products. Click the Go to step 2 button.
2. Preview the import file
In the next step, WP All Import will give you a preview of the import file with different nodes and lines. Each node here will be imported as a new product to your store. At this point you can set the delimiter – for this example, the delimiter is ‘,’ since this is a CSV file.
You can scroll down this page and find different filtering options as well.
Click the Go to step 3 button to continue.
3. Mapping of product elements
Now you will see the drag and drop interface which will allow you to correctly map different elements of your product data. On the right side, the product data in the file and on the left WooCommerce product fields (similar to the WooCommerce interface) will be displayed.
You can drag and drop items from the right to the correct WooCommerce field on the left.
For example, name in the Title and Description field in the Description field.
If you scroll down you’ll see this mapping option for different aspects including product data, taxonomies, and even custom fields.
Once the mapping is complete, you can click the Go to step 4 button.
4. Configuration of the unique identifier
In the next step, WP All Import will ask you to define a unique identifier for your products. Usually, the name and SKU are used as unique identifiers. If needed, you can click the Auto Detect button so that the plugin itself sets unique identifiers for your products.
You’ll also find scheduling options if you scroll down this page.
Set the unique identifier and click the Continue button.
Your file is now ready to be exported.
Just click the Confirm and Run Import button to continue.
5. Complete the import
Your import will be complete and you will see a message informing you of the number of products that have been imported from the file.
How to import variable products using WP All Import?
When importing variable products using WP All Import, you will need to take care of a few different aspects. In the drag and drop interface, you can specify the attributes and their values. In addition, you must define the relationship between the parent product and the individual variants.
Depending on how the variable products are grouped in the file, you can specify the mapping. Usually, there will be a parent product with multiple variations. When importing variable products, you can use a file containing parent variable products and their multiple variants associated with them.
In addition, you can use a file that contains only variants or a combination of simple and variable products. While setting up the import file, you will find different mapping options that you can choose from depending on your import file.
For example, if you have a file with variable products that have unique identifiers and the variations are linked to the parent with its unique identifier, you can provide these details when mapping.
Likewise, the plugin provides options to map attributes and their values to properly import variable products.
Important features of the WP All Import plugin
The WP All Import plugin offers a wide range of options to make it easier to import products smoothly, even if you have a large number of products. Here we take a look at these features as well.
- Drag and drop interface that lets you configure import files effortlessly.
- Easily manage different types of products including variable and affiliate products.
- Easily import images from different sources such as computers or URLs.
- Create import programs to handle imports at regular intervals.
- Supports all fields of WooCommerce products including price, inventory, and attributes.
- Easily import data on taxonomies, brands, and more.
- Supported XML and CSV file formats.
- Extensive customization of your import data Compatible with the WPML multilingual plugin and several other plugins such as ACF.
- It is also developer-friendly and supports code-level customization.
for website maintenance service contact us.