What is GeneratePress?
GeneratePress is a free WordPress theme, a WordPress developer.
This theme currently has over 2.8 million downloads, over 300,000 active installs, and over 1,000 5-star ratings.
GeneratePress is a lightweight and multipurpose WordPress theme, you can use the theme to create a blog, to create a business site, a portfolio site, to create an eCommerce site using a Woocommerce plugin, etc. using the premium version.
How much does GeneratePress cost? Pricing and Pricing
GeneratePress is completely free, but you will surely need the premium modules.
For $ 59, you get all 14 modules, you can use it on up to 500 sites, and you get one year of support and updates. Personally, I have transferred most of my sites and those of my clients to GeneratePress. And for $ 59, that’s a bargain if you want my opinion!
If you want to save even more money in the long run, you can get their lifetime offer for $ 249. This includes updates and lifetime support and can be used on up to 500 sites. You can also switch from the annual plan to the lifetime plan.
With the purchase of the premium version, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
I recommend you to try this theme with the free version and then purchase the premium version.
Here are the premium modules that are included:
- Colors: Easily color whatever elements you can think of in the customizer.
- Typography: Choose font sizes, font families (including Google Fonts), font weights, and more. You can also use system fonts so you don’t have to load font files!
- WooCommerce: Take control of your WooCommerce store with new typography, color, and layout options.
- Sections: Easily create transparent sections in your pages to create unique layouts.
- Menu Plus: Add a sticky menu (fade, slide, or no transition), menu logo, movable header, off-canvas navigation, and a slide-out menu.
- Blog: Display your articles in columns (magazine) or masonry. Change article image size and alignment, and more.
- Elements: Dynamic page heroes, an advanced teaser system, and custom theme layouts. This allows you to add your own custom content in various areas of the theme.
- Backgrounds: Upload background images to various places on your site.
- Spacing: Control element spacing (padding and margin) including header, content, widgets, menu items, and sidebar width.
- Secondary navigation: Add a second navigation element with the same options as your primary navigation.
- Copyright: Add your own personalized copyright message at the bottom of your website.
- Disabled Items: Disable specific items on some pages and some items, such as the header, navigation, content title, and footer.
- Import and Export: Easily export and import your settings from the customizer!
You can find everything related to GeneratePress premium modules in detail below:
GeneratePress Pro Premium Modules
First, to activate all premium modules Appearance> GeneratePress> Modules> Activate
You can then activate or deactivate each module at your convenience.
The background module allows you to add background images to the site. The eligible section contains the background options so that you can import images and set sizes, positions, etc.
Customize the featured image, columns, archives using the blog module in the Customizer. Select and control options like post date, author, categories, tags, featured images, and more. in the blog module.
Play around with different colors in the body, header, navigation, widgets, and footer. There are over 60+ color options available in the Customizer.
You can color every part of the theme including body, top bar, header, main navigation, buttons, content, forms, footer, widgets, etc.
Copyright / Copyright
The copyright module allows editing or changes the copyright of the website in the footer section.
Disable various elements in the various articles/pages of your site.
You will find the “Disabled Items” section at the post/page level.
Element is the most important module of the GeneratePress theme which allows adding dynamic heroes, advanced hooks, layouts, etc.
Most of the advanced features can be implemented using the Elements module. Users and developers use this module most of the time to modify and perform advanced customizations.
To activate the Elements. Go to Appearance> GeneratePress> Elements> Activate
The Elements module is made up of three parts: Header, Hook, Layout.
- Header: The Header element can be used to build the header of your site. On this GP element, you can add a background image, text, etc., and style it. That is, HTML and CSS are used in this element to build the Page Hero.
- Hook: The most powerful feature of the GeneratePress theme is the Hook element. It allows you to insert content into the brackets available on your website. Users no longer need to create a Child Theme. This element allows for advanced customization of the blog.
- Layout: This element allows you to control the layout of certain posts, pages, categories, archives, and even the entire site. It allows you to stylize your site in an advanced way.
- Block: Block is the most advanced element module of the GeneratePress theme. The Block element allows for advanced customization by using the Block editor instead of using HTML. You can combine Block with GenerateBlocks and create a separate site footer, site header, right-sidebar, and left sidebar.
When using an element, you have to work with display rules, that is, you have to define the element to be displayed in different places. These can be entire sites, pages, posts, categories, tags, etc.
Menu Plus Module
The Menu Plus module allows you to make the menu sticky, navigation off-canvas, the header mobile, etc. The Menu Plus options can be found in the Customize> Layout section where you need to check the respective sections.
With secondary navigation, you can add a menu with colors, typography, layout, etc. You must enable secondary navigation in GeneratePress.
Appearance> GeneratePress> Secondary navigation> Activate
Sections are the mini page builder available only in GeneratePress Premium add-ons. If you are using an advanced page builder like Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc., you can avoid using sections.
If you are using the classic editor, you can easily use the section modules in your post/page. It is easier to build a page with the settings available in the sections.
After purchasing the premium version, you will have full access to the site-library. You can import the entire library and get your site online quickly.
These site libraries can be imported with GeneratePress options and demo content. If you have content, you can skip the demo content.
GeneratePress sites use the default WordPress editor, the free or Pro version of Elementor, and Beaver Builder to create some of the demo sites and content.
Importing the site library is easy and can be done quickly. To import a demo site, you must activate the site-library in the Premium modules.
Appearance> GeneratePress> Site Library> Activate
Now you will have full access to the Site Library, Appearance> GeneratePress> Site Library, Import the desired site and content to your site. There are over 46+ demo sites in the site library section and it is steadily increasing with beautiful layout themes.
Spacing add-ons are used to manage margin and padding and to control size in GeneratePress. You can use this module in the header, menu item, separate container, sidebar width, content padding, width padding, footer widget & footer padding. footer, secondary menu, etc.
Typography and Fonts
The choice of fonts is crucial when creating a site. In the typography module, you can select over 70 different System and Google fonts to give style to your site.
You can customize the fonts for each area in the GP theme. You can change the font family, font variations, font weight, font size, etc. in the header, footer, sidebar, body, menu, etc.
Also, to optimize and speed up your site, you can host google fonts locally in WordPress.
Woocommerce is a plugin for WordPress to create an e-commerce site. It is a free and open-source plugin. Before using this module, therefore, you must install and activate the Woocommerce plugin on your website.
Woocommerce modules allow you to customize your product pages, payment pages, etc. using your site’s colors, layout, and typography options.
GeneratePress Support and Documentation
The main thing to look out for before purchasing a theme is to take care of its support.
GeneratePress Theme has two versions, free and premium. The free version of GP Theme has received over 900 5-star ratings on wordpress.org and the support is pretty impressive.
GeneratePress premium support is very effective in helping you and solving your problems.
As always, documentation is a crucial part of any project and GeneratePress Theme has the best documentation part. There you can find an in-depth guide to each module, customization, hooks, filters, etc.
The documentation is divided into four parts, it is easier to navigate and search for any tutorial in the knowledge base.
Let’s say you want to know about Elements in GeneratePress then you can search it and find extensive documentation. They have properly explained each and everything in their documentation.
If you want to learn more about the elements of GeneratePress, you can search and find extensive documentation. They explained each item correctly in their documentation.
Additionally, you can search for all related issues through Google search, the official GP Theme documentation ranks higher in the SERPs, so it’s easier to find everything in Google as well.
Read more: Shutterstock: review and full tutorial on the image bank
How to install the GeneratePress Premium WordPress theme?
To activate GeneratePress Premium Theme, you must first install the free version of GP Theme. You can install it in WordPress.
- Visit Appearance> Themes> Add New
- Search for GeneratePress
- Install and activate the theme.
After activating the free theme, you need to download the premium plugin from the official website.
- Visit the GeneratePress site.
- Click on the Login menu.
- Log in using your username and password.
- You will be redirected to the download section.
- Download GP Premium.
- Then go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Plugins> Add New.
- Click on Upload Plugin.
- Explore GP Premium. Install and activate it.
- Go to Appearance> GeneratePress.
- Enter the license key.
- Activate the necessary GeneratePress modules.
Is GeneratePress the fastest theme on the market?
Google says speed is an important ranking factor. Your site must therefore be very fast, both for the desktop version and for the mobile version.
Most people visit sites from their mobile using 2G, 3G, 4G, or even WiFi, so it’s crucial to load your site faster on the mobile version.
That’s why the GeneratePress team is behind you to help you improve speed and accessibility.
Before you start the GeneratePress speed test, you should use some speed optimization plugins and change the settings to optimize your website.
The GeneratePress theme suggests using the free Autoptimize plugin or the premium WP Rocket plugin for optimization.
With the recent GeneratePress 3.0 update, the whole theme is even lighter than before, saving 55% by combining 3 CSS in one main.min.css, reducing 3 HTTP requests into one, and lots of code changes.
The Core Web Vitals is a crucial factor to consider because Google considers speed as a ranking signal. Google’s Core Web Vitals is primarily concerned with a larger table of content, first input delay, and cumulative layout lag. We can get huge benefits with GP 3.0, so update to the latest version wisely.
In addition, Tom decided to test version 3.0 with Google Lighthouse, and here is the result.
So by these tests, I can say that GeneratePress is one of the fastest themes available on the market.
My final opinion on GeneratePress Premium
GeneratePress Theme is definitely one of the best and fastest WordPress themes around. Personally, this is the theme I use on this blog.
I suggest you try the Premium version of GeneratePress.
GP Premium offers full site library access, technical support, and a 30-day money-back guarantee with a 40% discount on annual renewal.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
For website maintenance service contact us.