What is the full form of CSE?
CSE full form: Civil Services Examination
CSE full form: Civil Services Examination is the full name of the UPSC exam. In Hindi, CSE stands for Civil Services Examination. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts a countrywide competitive examination in India for recruitment to several civil services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), an Indian Police Service (IPS). UPSC exam is another name for CSE.
It is divided into three stages: a preliminary test with two objective type papers (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper-II, often known as the Civil Services Aptitude Test or CSAT), and a mains exam. There are nine traditional essay papers in total, two of which are qualifying and only seven marks are counted following the personality exam.
Eligibility for CSE Exam
The eligibility for the exam is as follows:
- For Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service, the candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, the candidate must be one of the following:
- citizen of India
- citizen of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who settled permanently in India before January 1, 1962.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam intends to permanently settle in India.
All the candidates must possess as a minimum one of the following educational qualifications:
- Degree from Central, State, or Deemed University
- A degree obtained through distance learning
- a degree from an open university
- A qualification recognized by the Government of India which is equivalent to one of the above
The following candidates are also eligible, however, they must present proof of eligibility from their Institute/competent University’s authorities at the time of the Main Examination, or they will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Candidates who have taken and passed an examination that qualifies them as educationally qualified if they meet one of the criteria listed above.
- Candidates who have passed their MBBS final test but have not yet finished their internship.
- Candidates who have passed the ICAI, ICSI, and ICWAI final exams.
- A private university diploma.
- Any degree from a foreign university that has been recognized by the Association of Indian Universities is acceptable.
- Minimum age 21 and maximum age 32 years for general category.
- Minimum age 21 and maximum age 35 years for OBC.
- Minimum age 21 and maximum age 37 years for SC/ST.
- Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities for Defense Services, the maximum limit is 40 years.
Number Of Attempts
The number of times a candidate can appear for the exam is given below:
- General category candidates = 6
- OBC category candidates = 9
- SC/ST candidates = Unlimited attempts till the age of 32 years
The appeal to attempt one paper in the Preliminary Examination is counted as one attempt, and the candidate is disqualified/canceled. However, registering for the exam but not showing up does not qualify as an attempt.
Read more: BFF full form