What is the full form of CISF?
CISF full form: Central Industrial Security Force
CISF full form: CISF stands for Central Industrial Security Force in its entire form. In Hindi, CISF stands for Central Industrial Security Force. It is a central armed police force in India that reports to the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Indian government. It is the world’s largest industrial security force. Its 132 battalions have a total of roughly 170,000 soldiers. The company’s headquarters are in New Delhi, India.
It was founded on March 10, 1969, by an Act of the Indian Parliament, with a force of 2,800 jawans. The CISF’s main purpose is to protect industrial units and important installations such as nuclear power plants, power plants, and printing presses. CISF also offers consulting services to a variety of corporate and public sector companies. Many well-known companies have used its consulting services, including TISCO, Orissa Mining Company, IB Thermal Power Plant, and NBRI.
The CISF is divided into three branches: the Executive Branch, the Fire Service Branch, and the Ministerial Branch. It’s also divided into six sections. A Sector Inspector General is in charge of each sector. The following are the sectors:
- Eastern Zone – Headquarters in Patna
- Northern Zone – Headquarters in New Delhi
- Western Zone – Headquarters in Mumbai
- Southern Sector – Headquarters in Chennai
- North Eastern Region – Headquarters in Kolkata
- Airport Sector – Headquarters in New Delhi
Top Seven Ranks in CISF
- Director General ( DG )
- Additional Director General ( ADG )
- Inspector General ( IG )
- Deputy Inspector General ( DIG )
- General (Comdt)
- Deputy General (Dy Comdt)
- Assistant Commandant (Asst Comdt)
Read more: GPS full form