What is the full form of BSF?
BSF full form: Border Security Force
BSF full form: Border Security Force is the full name of the force. Border Security Force is the complete version of BSF in Hindi. It is an Indian paramilitary unit. Its primary responsibility is to protect India’s land border during times of peace and to deter crime. It is currently the world’s largest border guarding force. It is one of India’s five Central Armed Police Forces and is under the Ministry of Home Affairs’ administrative control. The company’s headquarters are in New Delhi.
The State Armed Police Battalion began patrolling the frontiers in 1965. The state armed police were unable to control the situation when Pakistan assaulted Sardar Post, Chhar Bet, and Beria Bet in 1965. As a result, India’s government planned to create an armed and trained Border Security Force. The BSF was founded on December 1, 1965, in response to the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries, to provide border security and to address border concerns. Shri KF Rustamji was the BSF’s first commander.
BST serves a variety of purposes in both peace and war.
In peacetime, the tasks are as follows:
- To maintain and develop a sense of security among individuals living near border crossings.
- Prevent unlawful access or exit from off-limits areas.
- Stop unlawful activities such as smuggling and cross-border crimes.
Some of the most important jobs during a conflict are as follows:
- To defend important installations such as airfields against enemy commandos, paratroopers, and other forces.
- To offer an extension to the main defense line’s flanks.
- To carry out the Army’s special missions for the BSF.
- To lead the troops through locations where the roads are well-known.
- To keep captives of war safe.
- To conduct anti-infiltration operations in Army-designated locations.
Read more: MLC full form