What are the 5 best (cheap) email marketing tools and services in 2021
Looking for the cheapest email marketing service to run your campaigns without having to take out a second mortgage?
Is the price on AWeber, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, or Constant Contact too high?
In this article, we’re going to walk you through five of the cheapest email marketing software and services you can find.
We’ll explore what makes each of them unique and help you find the best fit for your business. Let’s dive in!
The 5 best email marketing services in 2021
Here is our range of the best tools for cheap email marketing:
First of all, Sendinblue is a fairly well-known name in the email marketing arena. It is a comprehensive email marketing platform offering a range of tools to help you create, send and optimize your email campaigns.
It also comes with a generous free tier, as well as several affordable monthly plans. These are some of the reasons marketers call it the ultimate alternative to Mailchimp or GetResponse.
- Quickly create and personalize emails using a drag-and-drop editor or use pre-designed templates
- Add the perfect signup form to your site, via handy form builder tools with custom fields
- Get various email marketing automation options including autoresponders (drip campaigns) and eight workflow templates you can use to quickly set up campaigns
- Set up list segmentation and manage your subscriber data through a CRM (and sync your contacts with HubSpot)
- Track the metrics of each campaign with analysis tools
- Configure your email campaigns with A / B tests
- Use Sendinblue’s landing page builder
- Add SMS messaging and transactional emails to the mix
- A detailed WordPress plugin that lets you manage everything from the comfy confines of your WordPress dashboard
For the more budget-conscious, Sendinblue offers a useful free tier. It includes all the key features of the platform and allows you to add an unlimited number of contacts to your list. The only restriction is a limit of 300 emails sent per day.
If you need to exceed that daily sending limit, the paid plans start from just $ 25 per month (the Lite plan).
Sendinblue is a good option if …
As one of the cheapest email marketing software options, Sendinblue’s main selling point is its scalability.
If you want to try out one or two email campaigns without investing a ton of resources, you can start with the free plan and work your way up as needed. Plus, being able to serve an unlimited number of subscribers is great.
This service also makes email marketing a much simpler business, with plenty of templates and workflows to get you up and running in a flash. The deliverability rates are also excellent across the board for different campaign sizes.
For small business owners, it may be a good idea to look for an email marketing tool designed for businesses like yours.
That’s what Cakemail is – a tool designed with the needs of small businesses in mind. It provides useful time-saving features and is one of the cheapest email marketing software.
- Quickly create email newsletters, making a few simple customizations to professional templates
- Create and reuse your own templates and add your company branding
- Divide your mailing list into targeted groups and send different messages to each
Cakemail offers several price points, which vary depending on how many contacts you want on your list.
The cheapest plan includes up to 500 contacts for just $ 8 per month, and the next tier allows up to 1,000 contacts at $ 12 per month. Each plan allows you to send an unlimited number of emails and includes all the features of the platform.
There is also a 30-day free trial if you just want to test the service.
Cakemail is a good option if …
If you are looking for a simple and streamlined option, Cakemail may be a great choice. While it lacks some of the more elaborate email automation features, it makes managing your list and creating email campaigns simple and painless.
It’s a solid option for small businesses that don’t need advanced lead generation features, but just want to pick recipients, add subject lines, compose their message, and hit send.
While MailerLite is one of the cheapest email marketing software you can find, it still manages to offer a complete package.
This service helps you through every step of your email marketing campaigns, including creating and sending emails, and designing landing pages for interested recipients.
- Design emails using an intuitive drag-and-drop email builder that requires no coding experience
- Gather followers through different types of signup forms, landing pages, or social media
- Automate your email campaigns and create personalized workflows
- Track your engagement, open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribes with easy-to-understand real-time analytics reports
- Easily create pop-ups and landing pages to bring subscribers together and turn them into customers ready to cash out their credit cards
When it comes to costs, MailerLite makes it easy. All of its plans include the same set of features and allow unlimited emails per month.
The only difference between the levels is the number of followers you can have.
The free plan allows you to have up to 1,000 subscribers, and there’s a $ 15 per month option that includes up to 2,500 subscribers.
MailerLite is a good option if …
Overall, MailerLite is one of the best and most comprehensive options available.
It provides a lot of help to build your emails, manage your list, and automate your campaigns, all while keeping the cost low. There are also email marketing webinars to educate you on certain aspects of the trade.
Plus, it’s an especially good choice if you’re also looking for a tool to help you design pop-ups on your site to attract subscribers, as well as landing pages where you can send those who open your emails.
This makes it a great option for bloggers.
Read more: 9 best WordPress backup plugins
Some of the tools we’ve introduced so far aim to make email marketing a streamlined and straightforward process.
SendGrid, on the other hand, is ideal if you’re looking to gain as much control over the process as possible. It allows for a lot of customizations and adjustments, both in your individual emails and in your campaigns as a whole.
- Create emails using a drag-and-drop email editor, pure HTML, or a combination of both
- Choose from a library of responsive email templates
- Create personalized campaigns and workflows and use them as a marketing automation tool
- Segment your list, personalize your emails and manage your list efficiently
- Send your e-commerce emails through SendGrid (WooCommerce, Shopify, Salesforce, etc.)
- Perform tests and measure analyzes, to perfect your future campaigns
If you just want to try SendGrid, there is a free plan that includes most of the main features. However, this plan is a bit limited when it comes to the allocation of sending 100 emails per day.
The next level pro plan is $ 14.95 per month, plus $ 10 for every 10,000 contacts you maintain.
On the end of the spectrum, there are also business plans available (if you’re looking for them, you can also check out Mailjet).
SendGrid is a good option if …
While SendGrid is one of the cheapest email marketing software tools, it can still be expensive if you have a lot of contacts.
However, it’s great for small businesses and startups that don’t need to send a lot of emails but want access to a ton of features and customization options.
SendGrid also offers a custom API and good customer support, making it a solid choice for developers.
Finally, let’s take a look at an option that’s quite different from our previous email marketing service providers. Most email marketing solutions, including the four on this list so far, are a software as a service (SaaS) tools that require you to pay monthly fees for as long as you want to use the service.
Sendy, on the other hand, is a self-hosted app that you can install on your own server (much like WordPress). It then allows you to send emails using Amazon’s cloud-based Simple Messaging Service (SES).
- Send unlimited emails through Amazon SES
- Set up automated emails, which will be sent in response to specific triggers
- Segment your subscriber list and send targeted emails to specific audiences
- Store personalized information about your subscribers and use it to personalize messages to your needs
- View detailed analytics reports on your campaign statistics
To purchase Sendy software, you will pay a one-time price of $ 59.
After that, there are no ongoing charges to use the Sendy software. However, to send the emails from Sendy, you will also need to sign up for the Amazon SES service.
This service is still quite inexpensive, costing only $ 1 for every 10,000 emails you send.
Sendy is a good option if …
In the long run, Sendy is the cheapest email marketing software on our list, making it the best budget-conscious choice, especially if you need to send bulk emails. It also offers a lot of control and flexibility because you can use the software however you want and you are not beholden to a particular service.
However, this is the least beginner-friendly option and can take a bit of work to get up and running. Therefore, you may need someone on hand with the technical skills to get Sendy off the ground.
For website maintenance service contact us.